Mathon Paris was formed in 1931, drawing its origin from the effervescence of post-war Paris. During this period a sense of possibility was in the air, and young Roger Mathon, newly graduated from the school of Decorative Arts tried his hand at all of the arts. From painting posters for theatres along the avenue d l’Opera to working with ceramics in Saint Germain des Prés, Mathon continually expanded his exploration into a variety of art genres. It was only when he entered the workshop of his uncle Camille Bournadet that he discovered his true vocation. In Bournadet’s workshop, located beside Palais Royal, Mathon’s passion for the art of jewelry emerged, and it would become the art to which he became completely devoted.
Roger Mathon is known for having created pieces of jewelry for the most beautiful Parisian houses. In 1972, he took over his uncle’s studio, proliferating creations for the Place Vendôme. Over time, his expertise and passion would carry over to Catherine, Frédéric and Pascal, who continued to renew the Mathon Paris heritage and creative energy.
Today fourth generation, master jeweler, Aude Mathon, is the Managing Director of the Family company, carrying on a passion for the prestigious, international design.